Terms & Conditions
The Employer Engagement Team aims to process vacancy advertisements within 48 hours. We reserve the right not to advertise opportunities which we believe are not in the best interest of our students and graduates. Not all eventualities can be covered within the Terms and Conditions and each vacancy received will be assessed on an individual basis. We reserve the right to edit any vacancy to ensure that it is clear and concise. When adding a vacancy to MyHub, it will be visible to all Leeds Beckett University students and recent graduates.
We ask that you meet the following requirements for advertising vacancies:
- Provide us with complete and accurate information about the vacancy
- Ensure your vacancy meets employment and equality legislation, including compliance with National Minimum Wage (NMW) and Health & Safety regulations. Please consult the following guidelines:
- Unless specifically exempted by law, all workers must be paid the National Minimum Wage (NMW) and organisations offering work experience, including placements and internships, must determine whether the student or graduate constitutes a ‘worker’, and is therefore entitled to the NMW, or if a legal exemption applies to them.
The Employer Engagement Team reserve the right to edit or remove vacancy adverts at our discretion according to the above stated guidelines. We reserve the right not to advertise vacancies which we deem not suitable for our students and graduates in particular vacancies which:
- Do not meet employment and equality legislation (UK Equalities Act)
- Do not meet NMW requirements as described above
- Promote or endorse illegal activity
- Require the student or graduate to be self-employed without the guarantee of NMW
- Require an up-front financial investment or fee by the student or graduate
- May compromise the health & safety of the student or graduate
- Vacancies in private households, unless placed by a registered agency
Information for Recruitment Agencies
If you are advertising a vacancy on behalf of a client, we ask you to provide the details of the client on whose behalf you are recruiting. This information can be kept confidential and not revealed to the student or graduate should you wish.